Welcome to my new-ish blog, which also means new addiction :P
My name is Katie, I'm 20 years young, 5'9, and in Nursing School full-time. I also work about 30 hours a week as a Pharmacy Technician. I love keeping busy because my other half is currently deployed to Iraq and will be there till close to the end of this year.
This is Jon & I :)
Jon is in the U.S. Army and is a Chaplain's Assistant. He is 21, a ginger, and a goof! :) But a great guy.
We met 3 years ago and started dating just days later. I honestly could not be happier :) We have such a great relationship. We both love to goof off and have fun. You're only young once!
(Jon and I reuniting after AIT)
Next I will show you a picture of me and my cat, his name is Tattoo, and he definitely helps occupy my time as well. Such a trouble maker at times! He's unique, he has extra toes/paws :P
And yes, I have my tongue pierced. I'm a rebel in a way. I don't live the "typical college life" of partying and drinking etc. But I love tattoos and piercings. I have 2 tattoos, my tongue pierced, two belly button piercings, & ears pierced 4 in each.
Things I enjoy: any day I'm with Jon, we always have fun. I love summer days/nights. I love sitting by a warm fire with hot chocolate. I'm newly addicted to tea. I love to read. I love four-wheeling, shooting, dirtbikes. I love bonfires & roasted marshmellows. I like monster energy anything. I love shopping. I like to sew and do crafts (although it's been ages since I've had the time!). I like to cook and bake. I like to workout, but my weakness is icecream :D
Hopefully you all stick around to follow me on my adventures and we can learn more about eachother!


I really like that your hubby is a chaplain assistant and you called him a ginger. It's also nice to see that there are so many wonderful people serving as milspouse! Thank you! Glad to meet you. Cute blog too!
ReplyDeleteCute blog! I see your profile says Ohio? That is where the hubby and I are from originally. Good luck with nursing school; I've been there and it's a tough road! (Stopping by from the hop).
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm a ginger too! We're awesome, us gingers. Hee hee.
ReplyDeleteI would like to run a series of stories on my blog called Deployment Stories. It can be from any branch of the military, and from soldiers or the spouses on the homefront. It can be about anything, but I would prefer them to be upbeat stories, not sad, though you can write about hard times, just end it in a positive note.
Moms Around The World. Stories about you as a mom if you are of a different heritage than American. Stories you've found about moms in other countries other than America (give author credits). Stories of how the moms live, how they raise their kids, traditions, morals, etc.
Hi, I'm stopping by from the blog hop! Your cat and my cat could totally be twins! I can't wait to read more of your blog! You can find me at http://justagirl623.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteGood luck with nursing school - pediatrics is an awesome field. I probably would have done that if emergency med didn't exist. I love seeing the little kids. I'll be following!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from the Blizzard Blog Hop! Hope you can see me at http://www.simplycintia.com Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from the bloghop. I'm an Army wife and am currently considering going for my RN. Maybe you have tips for me? Hope you can meet me at www.brownspartoffive.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHey Katie! I'm stopping by from the Blizzard BlogHop and can't wait to read more! I'm also a 20-year-old college student and my fiancee is in the Army. Also, your cat is adorable. :)
ReplyDeleteI just wanted you to know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. I appreciate every day those who put their life on the line for this wonderful country every day. Please know that your husband is definitely my newest hero today! I hope that you make it through this year easily and get to see him happy and healthy!
ReplyDeleteOn another not I am blog hopping today and am your newest follower. I hope that 1 of my blogs interests you too.
http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
http://btrbb.blogspot.com
http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com
I also do a weekend blog hop, you can link up on http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com open every Friday-Sunday!
Thanks
Tawna
Just stopping by from Locomotion of Expressions! Found you on a blog hop! Now following! Please follow me via GFC back and lets grow each others ratings! http://1caseycolette.blogspot.com! Cute stuff! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm a navy wife (submariner) and I am a pull no punches kinda girl. I say whats on my mind, and that's just me!
I have a lot of active giveaways RIGHT NOW! (13 at last count! .. all low entry!) So drop on over and follow because there are many more to come, plus I blog about our life too! (When I have the time!) Ty for reading this, have a great night!