I kept waking up in the night, so early this morning I texted Jon to see where he was at, because I knew he had to be in formation at 0515, and it was 0800 by this time. He was STILL sitting on the bus waiting to get on the plane. But he made it to OK a few hours later where he will be for a few months till he goes to Iraq.
So I can't complain much, since he's still stateside for awhile!
So far, he doesnt really enjoy it there, lol. But ahwell, it'll be okay
Anyways, today I've kept pretty busy (the smart thing to do I hear). I went to my mom's house after I woke up and saw her, my little brothers, and my two year old sister (who can brighten anyone's day). I played with my sister for a few hours, then came up to my house. I've unpacked some but not a whole lot...and then I went and bought my school books since I go back to school Thursday. I'm pretty excited to get back to school and have my head in the books for the next 3 months. Now I just need to get back to work! The problem with that, is that I do not want to go back to my old job (because I hate it lol), and I'm trying to get this job at a bank which pays very well!!! That's on my list for tomorrow...to call the bank manager again!
Oh and today, I started to cry once for about 2 mins, when I pulled Jon's hoodie and few t-shirts out of my car and I caught a big whiff of "him"..his scent just sent instant tears down my face! Call me a baby but yeah haha. But then I came inside and put my new pillowcase on one of my pillows....Jon's unit did this thing called "operation pillowcase" and a few months ago they took the soldier's pics and made a pillowcase for each soldier's dependants (or in the case gf, since Jon has no dependents yet). So that made me smile big time, I get to "sleep with him" every night he's away :)
All-in-all, I'd say I've done pretty good for day #1!
No comments:
Post a Comment