Monday, February 21, 2011

men....suck...

and are SO DANG FRUSTRATING!

Jon's been a mood kill lately..you know like a buzz kill although a mood kill. yep.
That pretty much sums it up right there.

I can't do or say anything to get him to cheer up. It's like why do I even bother...and shouldn't he be happy he has me? and at least say some nice things back?

Our entire 5 minute convo on the phone earlier today was him complaining non-stop about his roommate and how much he hates his roommate and how he wants to be home and how he hates everything. Like wow thanks? So, on the phone I tried saying some things to get him to "see the big picture" but that didn't work. And just now, I thought I would be sweet and I wrote on his facebook wall this
"I love you. & I really hope today is a good day for you and things start getting betters. Miss you, always.."
He replied with this:
"don't get your hopes up"


Really?


Oh wells. I know he'll get over it all on his own..and I'm doing all I can do by just listening. 
And another thing, I really wish he would learn to not think that everything is about him. I swear all he thinks of is himself usually..it's all about him.  He has no idea how I feel, about any of this deployment stuff..I'm sure he just assumes like with everything...but he doesn't realize what it's like for me. I know it's super hard for him and everything else, and I'm sympathetic and there for him....but with me, he doesn't even bother to ask how I am. it's always him bitchin.


end of rant. and excuse my french.

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but laugh, because guys really do turn into such douchebags sometimes. I'm sorry you have to deal with his funky mood though. It's so hard sometimes to just listen to constant negativity. Hang in there! Hopefully he adjusts his attitude soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giiiirl. lol My hubs acts like that often. When we chit chat I hear about how he hates his life, roommate...yada, yada, yada. ...and all I do is listen. Like you, I used to say tihngs like "you will be home in a few months - cheer up!" ...but I found out it works out better if I just listen and agree with him. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol April's comment makes me think of the whole "smile and nod" approach. I think I might try this next time.
    I hope he is out of his funk soon! Sounds like male pms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys get the worst PMS! Ugh! I'm sorry. I hope he snaps out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. I agree with April though, it usually just ends up being easier to say "Yep, it sucks. Sorry." Ugh, guys are annoying sometimes.

    ReplyDelete