I'm sorry I've been so mia recently, it's been busy, but I have some new followers, (not that I had many to begin with since I recently just started this blog), so I figured I would give some facts about myself..
First off, I'm obviously a military girlfriend, Army National Guard to be specific. My special person is Jon, and we have been together since January of O-eight [almost 3 years!]. As a couple, and as best friends, we have been through SO much...so many bad times, so many hard times, yet so many good times...in the end we somehow always managed to work through our issues, major and minor, and stayed together through everything.
And now we are dealing with our first deployment. He's stateside currently until December, but he's far away from home..and is "technically deployed" aka in training, and so he can't have visitors. In December I will see him for four days, and then it's off to Iraqiland he goes.
In the meantime, I am keeping extremely busy (especially the past few weeks!). I work, at a lousy pretzel place, but I control my work schedule and it pays the bills..so I can't complain. I am a sophomore in college, Nursing is my major. I will graduate with my RN, and the more that Jon gets deployed, the more I'll go to school. School is my love/hate relationship. I hate it...yet deep down I love it.
Also the reason I've been so busy this week (besides all the work, classes, homework, tests, midterms), is that I'm MOVING this weekend. I'm quite excited..moving into an apartment/condo with two other chicks. I think it will be a great environment for me. Jon isn't too thrilled of the idea yet, but I'm sure he will come around with time.
Random things about me: I'm almost 20, I love scrapbooking, photography, reading, drawing, games, fashion, shopping, designing, and being creative. I ESPECIALLY love reading, so any readers out there, feel free to suggest some good books...I haven't read a book in quite awhile, but here soon once I get settled into my new place, I should have more time..atleast some! It seems I dont have much time for all my fun hobbies I enjoy.
I absolutely love my siblings, and mother. I'm extremely close to them. Growing up, a lot of my family members haven't acted much like "family"..but that's only made me stronger. I have four younger siblings, all half. and the youngest is my two year old sister. I'm her second mom pretty much and love spending time with her. I'm enjoying her being cute and fun before she gets to that annoying sibling stage :)
I'm not afraid of what others think or say about me, as that only makes me stronger too. I'm tatted up, a tom boy, girly girl, funny, smart, Christian, devoted, tall, and blonde girl all in one.
I am a new follower. I hope you will visit and follow me back!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a great family!
Have a great weekend!
Hi, Im a new follower from the blog hop! I hope you can return the follow!
ReplyDeletewww.thethriftymilitarywife.com
Stopping by from Feed Me Friday - GFC following
ReplyDeletewww.mamalovesherbargains.com
I'm a new follower. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!!! Hope you have a great visit with your honey!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower. It sounds like you are making good use of your time while your man is away. Come visit me at: http://defensivedrivinghabits.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteNew follower and Army wife retired after 23yrs.
ReplyDeleteIt's a long rough rd.
Good luck
Hang tough
http://barbarasbeat.blogspot.com/2010/10/feed-me-friday-blog-hop-gain-email.html
hello sweetie, you must post some pics of the big reunion with your boyfriend. What can I say I'm a hopeless romantic. I love the way you write as well. So I'm following you now, feel free to check me out too.
ReplyDeleteLisa xx
Hello girlie! As long as you stay busy...the days do go by pretty quickly! I'm so excited that you get to see your honey soon! Soak all of him in...I know you will though *wink.
ReplyDeleteI found you through the milspouse weekly round up! I look forward to reading more!
Yayyy, that is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteI left you an award on my blog, I am loving yours!